Esthetics Theory Examination Content Outline
1. Scientific Concepts (55%)
A. Apply knowledge of infection control procedures related to:
– Microbiology: bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi.
– Infection control: levels of infection control (cleaning and sanitation, disinfection, sterilization), methods of infection control (heat, chemical agents)
– Safety procedures and guidelines: blood exposure, contact.
B. Demonstrate an understanding of basic knowledge of human physiology and anatomy related to:
– Cells: structure, growth, and reproduction.
– Tissues: epithelial, connective, nerve, muscular.
– Organs and their function: skin, lungs, heart.
– Systems and their functions: muscular, integumentary, nervous.
C. Demonstrate an understanding of histology and physiology of skin related to:
– Structure and function of the layers of the skin.
– Structure and function of the glands.
– Structure of the hair follicle.
– The function of the skin: protection, temperature regulation, absorption.
D. Demonstrate an understanding of skin disorders and diseases related to:
– Disorders of the sebaceous gland: acne, milia, seborrhea.
– Disorders of the sudoriferous gland: hyperhidrosis, bromhidrosis, anhidrosis.
– Contagious diseases: bacterial conjunctivitis, herpes simplex, tinea.
– Skin inflammations: dermatitis, eczema, rosacea.
– Skin pigmentation: hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation.
– Skin growths: verruca, moles, keratoma.
– Skin cancers: basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, malignant melanoma.
– Skin lesions: keloid, scars, ulcers.
E. Understand the composition of body hair related to:
– Structure and growth of hair.
– Abnormal hair growth: hirsutism, hypertrichosis.
F. Demonstrate an understanding of basic chemistry including the composition and purpose of cosmetic products related to:
– Ingredients: peptides, humectants.
– Function: hydration, protection, cleanse.
– Acidity, Alkalinity, PH.
2. Skin Care and services (45%)
A. Demonstrate an understanding of performing a client consultation and documentation related to:
– Skin Analysis: FitzPatrick scale, skin type, skin condition.
– Client records: health history, intake form, consultation chart.
– Treatment protocol.
– Contraindications for skin services.
B. Demonstrate an understanding of cleansing procedures.
C. Demonstrate an understanding of steaming procedures.
D. Demonstrate an understanding of exfoliation procedures related to:
– Chemical: AHA, BHA, enzymes.
– Physical: scrubs, brushing, microdermabrasion.
E. Demonstrate an understanding of extraction procedures.
F. Demonstrate an understanding of massage movements and effects.
G. Demonstrate an understanding of the use of masks related to:
– Clay, Mud.
H. Demonstrate an understanding of hair removal methods and procedures related to:
– Waxing: hard and soft.
I. Demonstrate an understanding of principles of and procedures for makeup application related to:
– Analysis of face shapes and features.
– Color theory.
J. Demonstrate a knowledge of the use of electrical equipment during skin services related to:
– Magnifying lamp.
– Wood’s lamp.
– Facial steamer, vaporizer.
– High-frequency machine.
– LED therapy.
K. Demonstrate basic knowledge of other services related to:
– Body treatments.
– Eyelash extensions.
Bạn có thể kiếm việc làm nail, việc làm facial, việc làm tóc sau khi thi đậu bằng nail, bằng facial trên trang:
Chủ tiệm nail có thể đang tin tìm thợ nail miễn phí, tìm thợ facial, hoặc tìm thợ tóc hiệu quả, nhanh chóng trên báo rao vặt: